Experienced writer, editor, and entertainment executive specializing in working with established brands across diverse media. Known throughout the industry as an effective leader who ensures business goals are met or exceeded while maintaining quality.Proven successes in launching new product lines, building talent relationships, and refreshing classic brands in digital media, print, television, and more.
VALIANT ENTERTAINMENT (New York, NY)
Supervise and direct content and design for comic-book publisher’s multiply award-nominated line of reprints; repurpose periodical titles in a variety of formats.
CONSULTING AND FREELANCE WRITING
- Disney/Marvel Press – Multiple Avengers and Star Wars storybooks
- Warner Bros. Animation – Teen Titans Go! and Beware the Batman animated television series
- DC Comics – Comic-book and graphic-novel titles including Space Jam: A New Legacy, Wonder Woman,The Batman & Scooby-Doo Mysteries, Looney Tunes, Teen Titans Go!, and custom-publishing projects for clients including HBO Max, AT&T, LEGO, and Nestlé
- Marvel Comics – Writer, custom-publishing projects and kids’ comic books featuring Spider-Man and The Avengers for clients including M&M’s and Hyundai
- Capstone – Multiple illustrated chapter books
- Other – Additional editorial clients include NPR/Planet Money and Dynamite Entertainment; prose clients include Thrillist, Vulture.com, and Esquire.com
MAD EVENT MANAGEMENT (New York, NY)
Director of Programming
Responsible for conceiving, executing, and supervising panels at two annual comics and pop-culture-themed conventions (Long Beach Comic Con and Long Beach Comic Expo) and the twice-annual Comic Creator Conference (C3). Also negotiate with talent and consult on marketing strategies for the events.
BONFIRE AGENCY (New York, NY)
Director, Editorial Projects
Manage publishing efforts in digital and print for marketing group connecting advertisers with pop-culture consumers. Also consult on marketing strategies for publisher clients.
DC COMICS – a division of Warner Bros. (New York, NY)
Creative Executive, Creative Affairs Department (2007-2010)
Lead development executive for showcasing DC’s vast roster of characters in film,television, direct-to-video (DTV) features, and live entertainment.
- Executive in Charge of Production for multiple animated DTV features
- Supervised development for live-action and animated TV series and motion pictures including Red (2010), The Losers (2010), and The Dark Knight (2008).
Creative Associate, Creative Affairs Department (2006-2007)
Expanded New York office of L.A.-based department from support-only role to active player in expanding company’s presence across diverse media platforms.
- Spearheaded successful cross-divisional launch of the “DC Universe” line of original DTV animated movies, which has, to date, sold over 6.5 million units.
- Developed pilot scripts for three live-action series with Warner Bros. Television.
- Launched internship program for department’s New York and L.A. offices.
Coordinating Editor, DC Editorial Department (2000-2006)
Managed schedule of 60-plus monthly series and personally edited several titles.
- Edited award-winning run of monthly Wonder Woman comic-book series.
- Managed internship program for two New York-based publishing imprints.
Assistant Manager, Marketing Publications (1998-2000)
Wrote and supervised design of monthly catalog detailing publisher’s output.
- Represented company at consumer and trade conferences including Comic-Con International: San Diego, largest comic-book and pop-culture event in U.S.
- Promoted from Marketing Representative position (1996-98).
ASIFA (International Animated Film Society), voting member
Tribeca Film Festival – Industry Delegate, “Tribeca All Access” program
Northwestern University (Evanston, IL)
B.S., Communication Studies
Stuyvesant High School (New York, NY)